While your porch is thriving on fresh and healthy FurrMeals Home Cooked Food for pets in Delhi, we would like them to stick to a healthy diet even in their mid-meal snacks. A healthy lifestyle that includes healthy food, ample exercise, and mental stimulation will make sure that your furbaby has a healthy, happy and long life.
Dogs love human food and what better way to offer them treats than a few pieces of their favorite fruit! Not just amazing in taste and texture, fruits offer so many benefits that it will be sinful not to include it in their diet.
Fruits are not just a healthy addition to your furry’s diet but are also a delicious treat that they would love. One of the human foods that you can safely share with your furry, fruits will give them the same benefit that they give to you. Besides providing digestive support, adding an extra dose of vitamins and minerals, fruits are also great antioxidants, immunity boosters, awesome for the eyes and fur and so much more.
Every fruit has something good to offer and as one of the leading fresh food suppliers for dogs in Delhi, we know that adding a variety of fruits as treats to their diet is a great idea.
However not all fruits are recommended for pets, so here is a list of fruits that you can safely offer to your furry as treats:
Here is The Solution For What Fruits Can Dogs Eat?
- Apples: Apples are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, vitamin A and C, flavonoids and phytonutrients. In addition, apple slices also help clean the residue for your dog’s teeth and helps freshen their breath.
When giving apples to your pet, make sure that you remove the core and seeds. Seeds contain a highly poisonous substance besides being a choking hazard. Wash thoroughly and cut the fruit into small pieces or slices after removing the core.
- Bananas: High in potassium and carbohydrates, bananas are great in restoring the energy of your furry after a strenuous hike and high-intensity training session. Loaded with vitamin B6, manganese, copper, potassium and biotins, banana offers a load of benefits to your furry.
Always give banana in moderation and never give the peel. Too much of banana can lead to constipation. Avoid giving the banana to dogs with certain health conditions like kidney problem, heart condition, and blood pressure.
- Papaya: Papaya is one of the best fruits that you can eat and is great for your gut health, so there is no reason not to share it with your fur baby. Rich in Vitamin A, C, E and K, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and folate – in moderation, Papaya can be safely given to your furry.
This super fruit is great for treating indigestion, flatulence, bloating and overall gut health. It can also prevent heart problems and strengthen immunity. If your furry is on a FurrMeals Weight Management Plan, then Papaya is highly recommended as an afternoon snack.
Like all other fruits, it is important to remove the peel properly, remove the seeds and chop it to bite size pieces. Do not over-feed papaya as it can lead to irregular bowel movements.
- Watermelon: Everyone loves watermelons, including pooches. A health powerhouse loaded with vitamin and minerals, watermelons are low in calorie- another fruity treat that we recommend if your porch is on a FurrMeals Weight Management Plan.
It might not be a good idea to let your furry chew on the rind as it may lead to gastrointestinal upset. Also, make sure that you remove the seeds as it may cause intestinal blockage.
With over 90% water content, watermelons are a great guilt-free treat on a hot summer day. It is also an awesome addition to the diet of pooches suffering from kidney ailments.
- Pears: Abundant with Vitamin C and K, Copper and fiber, Pears are actually very good for your dog.
When fed in moderation, your porch will reap many benefits from munching on pear slices. Loaded with antioxidants, this juicy treat will reduce the cancer risk and improve the overall health of your furry.
Wash carefully and keep the skin intact as it contains a lot of good stuff. The fiber in the fruit is also great for the gut and the heart.
Fruits bring a load of benefits to dogs as they do for humans. A true gift from nature, fruits are a sweet, delicious and healthy addition to their diet. However, we should remember that canine are physiologically different from humans and the way they digest and assimilate food is different from us. So, care should be taken when feeding them fruits.
Tips For Feeding Fruits To Your Dog:
- Try to introduce fruits at an early stage in your pup’s life. This will make them more acceptable for the different taste and texture of the fruits.
- Always give in moderation as treats and rewards. Even though fruits are great for your furry but they are not free of calories.
- When introducing a new fruit, give a gap of a few days before feeding again to make sure that there is no allergic reaction or intestinal discomfort.
- Fruits cannot replace the regular meal of your dog and are only a go-between human food for them. Continue with your FurrMeals Home Cooked Meal plan and keep fruits as treats.
- Remove the seed and sharp skins of fruits before feeding.
- Always check with your vet before introducing a fruit.
- Not all dogs may like the taste of raw fruits. In which case try mashing it into their food or mix it to make Homemade Treats.
- Use a variety of fruits instead of sticking to the same fruit every time.
Like all new food that you introduce to your furry, it is always advised to check with your vet. Go easy and feed in moderation. Monitor when they eat to make sure that they do not gulp down in excitement and choke on pieces.